A glorious celebration of all the reasons to love the rain!
Internationally acclaimed writer Kyo Maclear has partnered with printmaker Chris Turnham to create a colorful and lively celebration of rain. Flowers bloom in the garden. Umbrellas bloom on the streets. There are puddles for jumping and, later, a cozy home for hot chocolate and books. There's so much to love about the rain!
- CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AUTHOR: Kyo Maclear is an essayist and novelist who has written more than a dozen books for children.
- GORGEOUS ART: Chris Turnham's print-making expertise—especially his masterful use of color and texture—spills over into the stunning images throughout this book.
- TALENTED DUO: Publisher's Weekly said Kyo and Chris's debut book The Wish Tree "hums with understated everyday magic," while School Library Connection said it was a "warm and magical tale of friendship and the intrinsic beauty of nature."
- CELEBRATES NATURE: Whether you love rain or sun, whether you are out-and-about or stuck inside, this book is a great reminder of the natural beauty all around us.
- PERFECT FOR HOME OR SCHOOL: This book is an ideal fit for a cozy family read at home or school story time reading tied to curriculum about the weather or the seasons.
- A BOOK TO COME BACK TO: Children will return to this book again and again to discover new details.
- Parents, caregivers, and grandparents
- Teachers and librarians
- Those who love the rain or anyone living in rainy regions!