With the holiday season officially in full swing I’m loving all the beautiful handmade items that fill my Facebook and Instagram feeds. As a big time supporter of small shops + businesses (and as a small business owner myself), this time of year makes my heart especially warm and fuzzy. Some of my favorite and most treasured items are from handmade shops… the heirloom quality, the attention to detail, the true joy that a maker pours into what they create… it truly does make holiday shopping magical + meaningful.
I’ve put together some of my favorite items from some of the best shops I know, so read on and prepare for one of the best years of gifting ever.
Save 20% on any Bumbelou purchase today through 12/10/17 with code: HOLIDAY
1. Bumbelou Bodysuit: We likely won’t be finding out the gender of baby number three, but this bodysuit is definitely on my list of favorites for the newbie. I love that it’s gender neutral without being boring, and the blend of cotton + spandex means it’s super soft with that extra little bit of stretch, one of the best qualities in baby wear (in my humble opinion!)
2. Bannor Toys: After being disappointed in a lot of the quality of toys that are manufactured today I was so pleased to find Bannor Toys when my first daughter was born. Hands down some of my favorite toys for all of my kiddos are from Bannor. Heirloom quality and simple designs, we’ve always been so happy with anything we’ve gotten from them. I especially love the classic rattle and may just have one already waiting for the new baby’s arrival.
3. Finch Designs Giraffe Stuffie: Made in Minnesota but loved around the world everything that shop owner Lisa Finch designs + makes has been a hit at our house. We especially love the giraffe stuffie we adopted a couple of years ago. It’s made to withstand lots of hugging, pulling, tossing, and loving. The fabrics are always super darling and on trend which I love since we don’t do a ton of primary color which are often the only options with typical baby toys. Heads up - the last day for holiday orders is December 8! Use code "FREESHIP" for free domestic shipping.
4. Bumbelou Vest: Let’s be honest, a buffalo check vest really is a winter essential, and with its darling leather ties this is one of our favorites from the Holiday Collection from Bumbelou. Perfect for both upping the stay warm and look cute factor! So perfect for pairing with both our tops and dresses.. Can you imagine how cute with your favorite Bumbelou dress, tights + tall boots?!
5. Oona Handmade Heirloom Dolls: We own SEVERAL of these Oona Dolls and each one is truly an heirloom doll. Gloria, the owner + creative designer and maker behind these beautiful works of art (and truly, they’re works of art) puts her heart and soul into each and every doll she makes, and it shows. Each one has its own personality, its own unique traits and is beautifully one of a kind. If you’re looking for a special baby doll who will last for years to come I can’t recommend these highly enough. Bumbelou readers can use code “oonagiftforyou” to score 35% off these beauties - an additional bonus? Holiday shipping cut off is December 14th!
Legacy Learning Academy Table Top Bowling Set: We got this set a couple years ago and it’s held up SO well - it’s fun for both the girls and for the grown-ups, especially on those cold Minnesota days when going outside just isn’t an option but the TV has got to go off. Shop owner Ashley has a collection full of wonderful play-based learning goodies, so hop on over and pick out your favorites! Bumbelou readers can even take 25% off with the code “legacy25” at checkout!
Bumbelou Rowdy Pants: Finally, I LOVE these pants for a lazy loungey winter day. They’re perfect for playing and having that “I got to stay in my PJs” feel but without looking so… pajama-y. That way when grandma stops over, it looks like I’ve totally got my mom game together (which of course I always do) but the minimal effort is my little secret. Woop! Extra perk? These work perfectly for both your little fellas and your little ladies!
I so encourage you to shop small + support handmade this holiday season and all year long! Happy Holidays!